Rolex watches are the most popular luxury watch brand on this planet. People often associate owning a Rolex to be a high-end luxury. People are even hesitant to inquire of the price. The question people keep asking is How much is a Rolex Watch?For those who dream of the White House, looking 'presidential' is of utmost importance. People should, in theory, look up to American presidents (and sometimes their watches), why shouldn’t they, America’s got the world's most robust economy at their disposal. That means they dress the part: stuff that denotes a sense of professional benevolence as parent of the nation. Many former American presidents have worn the Rolex Datejust 41.The two most prominent among those were Eisenhower and Ronald Reagan.
- Use of quality stainless steel, 904L – Most watchmakers rely on 316L steel. Rolex watches are generally manufactured in-house including the 904L steel. Here is a chart explaining the chemical composition of the two steel types: Both of them have a chemical composition similar to each other with elements of Carbon, Silicon and Manganese being in equal quantities. But Nickel, Chromium and Molybdenum of 904L steel is 1.6X of 316L. This makes the 904L more resistant to abrasion and corrosion. Even at extreme temperatures, the 904L steel has a much higher resistance to chlorides. Producing such steel in-house is definitely an accolade for the Swiss heavyweight, Rolex.
- Constructed by the human hands – Although, Rolex does use a lot of automated machinery for the purposes of sorting, cataloguing, and filing. The shiny bracelets and the watch movements are completely constructed by the human hands. The quality control procedure is exclusively carried out by experts who are of course humans, before watches are sent for Chronometer certification.
- The Water Proof Test – Rolex watches can surprisingly be water resistant up to ~290m (Rolex Submariner). The water proof test is carried out both indoors and outdoors using pressure tanks and actual water bodies. Rolex also produces Rolex DeepSea watches which is water resistant up to 3900 metres, isn’t that insane?
- Hundreds of Gemologists – Rolex recruits multiple gem experts from GIA to deliver the best luxury watches to their clients. These gemologists help in setting up the precious metals like diamond or gold into the watches. They also assist in the testing of high-end watches luxury watch models from Rolex.
- Unrivaled Mechanism – Rolex has automated a lot of work with the help of machinery. The investment into this machinery is huge. The company uses the machinery to replace the monotonous tasks such as packaging, accessing trays containing spares, finishing assembly of a watch or polishing the watch.
Owning a Rolex watch: A Luxury vs the price?
There’s definitely a lot of value in a Rolex watch. So where does the range start? LuxurytimeNYC’s lowest range starts with the 36mm Rolex Steel Datejust priced at $6,800. One could definitely have a hatchback car at this price with cheap build and quality and minimalistic features to make it run on wheels. But any day, the Rolex remains a Rolex. Every Rolex is manufactured in-house with the same precision and care. Any Rolex comes with the thought of success and luxury.
Is Rolex watch value for Money?
Rolex watches have a lot of durability and last more than a lifetime. Recently, a Daytona was put up on auction belonging to 1970. This instance of longevity of the product is not just the only one. There are so many vintage Rolex watches for sale which could have lasted more than your old man. It’s once in a lifetime thing and it’s definitely not for everyone. But if you have it, you can carry the piece for generations.
The market for Pre-owned Rolex watches
A pre-owned watch is just that, a watch that has been pre-owned by someone or multiple people. A 'certified' pre-owned watch means that it has been inspected by an experienced watchmaker to ensure authenticity.
A Rolex is a Rolex any day. But time can definitely depreciate the value of a watch, even if it’s Rolex. Submariner and Daytona are the standout models of Rolex which have the lowest of depreciation values in the market due to their intense demand. There are great chances of you owning a pre-owned Submariner for 10 years and then selling it off at a better price. That’s just cherry on top. The market for the Pre-owned Rolex watches is huge.
Rolex also makes limited edition watches and this is only good news for the ones who thrive with the pre-owned market. The limited editions watches keep growing rare and rare until their price touches sky high.
LuxurytimeNYC has one of the largest collections of Rolex watches. Let’s have a look at the top 3 most expensive Rolex watch from the collection.
Here are some of the celebrities who have owned a Rolex submariner.
ROLEX YELLOW GOLD GMT-MASTER II 40MM WATCH - SAPPHIRE RUBY DIAMOND BEZEL - BLACK DIAL - OYSTER BRACELET-116758SARU
Here are some of the celebrities who have owned a Rolex GMT MASTER II.
Here are some of the celebrities who have owned a Rolex Day-Date.
So, How much could be a Rolex?
The cost of a Rolex will depend upon the bezel type, flute, bracelet, and model, condition (pre-owned or new). But whether you buy a new one or a pre-owned it definitely tells the world a story of your success. Buying a new Rolex could give you the thrill of buying a brand new car and driving it out of a showroom where as buying a pre-owned Rolex is equally good. Rolex’s can retain their value for a long time and selling it will never be a problem. But choose your Rolex according to your personality and your budget. Build your Rolex watch here.